Thursday, March 4, 2010

My new hobby!

I have always wanted to find the time to go to garage sales and thrift stores to find little treasures and furniture that I could refinish. I have finally found the time!

One of my favorite colors is turquoise, for years I have wanted to find turquoise lamps for our bedroom. They are always over my budget so I have never bought any of the lamps that I see online or at stores.

Can you believe this lamp sells for $250!?

This is the look I'm going for with turquoise lamps, I like the bold statement they make.




Well, I decided to make my own perfect turquoise lamps! I found these lamps at a thrift store the other day for $2.50 each--yay!!
A little painters tape to cover the areas that I want to protect


Off to Walmart for a little can of turquoise enamel paint and new lamp shades and voila!!

I like mine even more than the store bought ones!

4 comments:

Becki said...

Love the lamps! Think I'll steal the idea for Emily's room. She wants the same color scheme.

joeandclea said...

Thanks Becki! It was a fun and easy project! ;)

Mommy said...

Those are cool! Are you building inventory? Remember when you were a little girl and found out that your name means "light" in Greek? You always said you were going to open a lamp store and name it "Clea."

Lilli said...

so awesome, Clay!! can't wait for you to help me with my house someday :) Love you!