Sunday, December 12, 2010

Green Holiday Decorating

I get weekly emails from this Martha Stewart spin off website called Whole Living, it has great ideas for cooking, relaxation, decorating & much more.

I loved this slide show with good ideas on how to decorate your home the "green" way by collecting branches, greenery & pine cones--bringing nature inside. It's definitely not a new concept for Christmas but I like their ideas for Holiday displays, plus it's a really inexpensive way to decorate--and good for us since we live just 15 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park we have access to plenty of fallen branches, pine cones & pine branches.

http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/green-decorating-and-wrapping-ideas?xsc=eml_bas_2010_11_29

I really like the branchy tree ideas so I decided to do one of my own. Here are 2 on the website, hanging cards on branches:


Hanging balls on branches:

Here's my tree:
Even better, I got the vase for the base and the balls at a thrift store so it's extra green & cheap! ;) Right now there are so many good Christmas decorations at thrift stores, great deals!

No comments: